December 11th 2018
A new year is coming and it is bringing new changes, exciting memories, and tons of people to meet~
Last year, in a deeply inspired mood, I wrote a post called 18 Little Things For 2018 that touched on 18 goals I had for the upcoming year. They weren’t resolutions, but more a list of well thought out intentions. And, believe it or not, I actually upheld most of those intentions this year! That is why I am putting new plans out into the Universe and hoping to give myself a little “good juju” going into the new year.
- Part with things- I have mentioned this here and there in a few posts, but I am moving in the Summer of 2019. It is a weird thing for me because I have lived in the same house my whole life, but it is a change I am going to have to adjust to. My new house is going to be a bit smaller (which is fine because I don’t intend on living with my parents long) so I need to part with things in order to not over-clutter my new surroundings. Plus, Getting rid of stuff and letting go is healthy.
- Move my blog to self hosted- This has been the most daunting task to me. I want to up my blogging game and improve my blog’s look and feel, so self hosting is really the answer. However, I get so nervous about moving everything over and I am so nervous I will mess up so I haven’t tried.
- Move out of my parent’s house- This is a 2019-2020 goal. I would ideally like to have my own place by December 2019 or January 2020. However, the sooner the better. I love living with my parents but I also love the idea of having my own space to decorate and enjoy.
- Get better with saving- Although I know people who are way more careless with their spending than I am, I still really need to focus on my spending. I really want to save up so I can furnish my future apartment and start saving to eventually buy a house, so I need to cut corners where I can.
- Make new friends- I only have 50% control over this but I am going to put in as much effort as possible to make new friends when I move. I love my friends in New York and it will pain me to leave them, but I know that making new friends in my new home will be really important! My old friends will still be with me and I can talk to them all the time, but having new friends I can hang out with is a must.
- Do more yoga- For a lot of reasons, I fell out of my yoga practice in the past year. I still attend yoga most weekdays, but I am not as driven as I once was when it comes to at home practice. I hope to get more into it when I move and have the extra free time alone.
- Go to a gym- I am a considerably active person. I love walking and hiking and yoga and PiYo and other forms of physical activity. However, I have never been a fan of gyms. However, my family is moving to a community with a club house that has a big gym, so I am going to take advantage of it while I have it and hopefully I will move to an apartment complex that also has a gym.
- Revamp my wardrobe- I have a ton of clothes and although I wear a lot of them, I could really use a clean out. I could also use a closet refresh. I need some basic pieces, business attire, and some more day to day outfits that aren’t bum clothes but aren’t super dressy. I just need a full refresh so I can start taking full advantage of my whole closet.
- Pick up a new hobby or activity- This is another “after I move” sort of thing. I really want to find a new hobby to pass time as I try to find and make friends. I was thinking of volunteering at an animal shelter or something. I love animals and would feel so fulfilled if I could make their wait to find a furever home more enjoyable! I am also thinking of getting certified in teaching kids yoga because I feel like children are super fun to teach (based on prior experience teaching dance and theatre to kids!)
- Invest more time into blogging- I think I am going to do a 3 or 4 day a week schedule for posting next year, but I think I am actually leaning towards the 3 so I can take more time on each individual post so that they turn out to be quality content. I really love taking my time when creating new content so I can be sure it is something worth reading.
- Cut my hair (again)- This was a goal for this year from last year’s post and I did it and really enjoyed it. However, hair grows and I am back to my long locks. Ready for another change.
- More tattoos- I also said this last year, but I want more tattoos. I got 1 tattoo this year and I love it but I want more. I have plans to get a tattoo with my best friend before I move, once we pick something out and i also have a few other ideas I would love to have on my body. I am very into tattoos that are personal to me so I am not the kind of person to just pick random stuff off Pinterest to get.
- Practice writing often- In November I *tried* NaNoWriMo and I definitely didn’t make it to full novel length, but I did do surprisingly well considering how I thought I’d do. The exercise in constant writing really helped me work on focus and staying on a consistent topic which is something that blogging doesn’t offer me.
- Let anxiety defeat me less- I find that I back away from things that could be good for me because I am too anxious about failing. Fear of failure is normal but backing away from positive change is not healthy.
- Be more vulnerable- I put up a front with new people a lot that I don’t allow myself to be vulnerable because I am too familiar with people leaving to get comfortable around someone. I want to practice being more vulnerable (in healthy ways) so I don’t feel I need to hide my true self from people.
- Learn to cook- I want to live on my own which means I should really be able to make food that isn’t pre-prepared or take out.
- Focus on my career- I haven’t spent much time being focused on my career lately because I am leaving NY and don’t want to get a new job for the next 5 months before I leave. However, starting at the beginning of 2019, I am going to start looking into some new jobs to figure out my career path.
- Travel more- I love to travel but often talk myself out of taking trips out of fear of committing to schedules. However, I feel like weekend trips sound like a great option especially cause I will have a lot of new places to explore next year.
- Stay in touch- My biggest fear is falling out of touch with the people I love. I love my friends and I don’t want distance to change that. I want to be sure I stay in touch and call, text, and video chat with my friends regularly. I don’t think moving should end things.
What are your 2019 plans?