July 22nd 2018
In my quest for self-care, I actually let myself relax so much that I forgot to post today all together~
So, I made a tiny mistake and almost missed uploading on my scheduled day for the first time all year. However, instead of beating myself up over this, I am going to take this as a victory. I actually tried my hand at relaxing this weekend instead of cramming in a post for a deadline. But, now that I am getting into the mentality of the work week, I am back to my grind and trying to get this post up before midnight (to ease my obsessive compulsive feelings).
Let’s start by reviewing the goals of the past week:
- Make healthy choices while I’m out- I think I did this more or less! I lost another couple of pounds so I don’t think I am doing that bad for myself. I’d like to eat out less though.
- Go to yoga- I have actually been attending yoga regularly, even when I don’t feel like waking up. I always feel better after so it is worth it.
- Pack lunch for work- Honestly, I am really bad at this and didn’t really eat lunch much at work this week because I had a short day Wednesday and had dinner plans after work on Thursday.
- Find new music- I have sort of spent a lot of time rediscovering old music lately. However, I am totally open for suggestion to find some new tunes if anyone has any ideas.
To sum up my week, I kept busy. I saw friends every night which was sort of nice but sort of exhausting. However, this week I want to focus more on relaxing. This past weekend, I went to see Taylor Swift with my friend Angie which was totally fun but exhausting between the driving and the dancing. But I do think going to concerts really contributes to my personal quest for self-care. Then on Saturday I went on an accidental 4 mile hike with my brother because I got us lost.
Today, I spent time with my boyfriend and had such a relaxing day that I completely forgot to post today. Which I consider a good thing. Onto the goals of the week:
- Learn to say no- I say yes to everything because I want to let myself live a little but sometimes I need to learn to let myself relax.
- Express gratitude- I find that telling people you are grateful for their role in your life is a beautiful way to take care of yourself.
- Get to bed earlier- Made evident by this post, I am not going to sleep at normal times anymore and I am exhausted.
- Make a plan- This isn’t one specific plan. I just need to start making plans for a lot of different things happening in my life. I am getting tired of living without direction.
Okay, that is all for tonight. Sorry for my tardiness!
2 thoughts on “My Month in Self-Care: Week #4”
[…] series, I set weekly goals that I try to accomplish in the quest for self-care. This past week, I made it my goal to express gratitude. You see, I find expressing gratitude for what is present […]
[…] Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 […]