December 22nd 2018
It is never too early to start planning for the future~
This year has been a truly amazing year for blogging! I have gained over 400 new friends on here, really worked towards finding my ideal writing style, and continually challenged myself to create fresh and exciting content whenever possible. This year in blogging also really upped my confidence in myself, my opinions, and my ideas and I am incredibly proud of how much I have accomplished this year.
However, as 2018 comes to a close, I am looking forward to 2019 as a new year filled with new opportunities to create content for anyone willing to read! So, I wanted to spend this day of Blogmas telling you about my blogging goals for next year!
- Double my following- It is going to be super tough but I really want to work hard and increase my following next year. I grew beyond my highest expectations this year and connected with tons of people who were like-minded and talented writers. I hope next year offers me the opportunity to connect with even more people through my writing.
- Move to self-hosted- I am just going to keep emphasizing this goal to myself until I make it happen. Something about moving to my own self-hosted site scares me a ton, but I know I will gain so many more opportunities from doing so.
- Post less, but better- This one sounds a bit weird, but I actually think I may wean myself off of posting so much. I have loved my 4 day a week schedule this year, but I honestly want to be able to post less posts but make them way better posts. I really want to spend 2019 focusing on quality over quantity.
- Try to incorporate video- I have been saying this for like 3 years, but I really want to incorporate video content into my content posting schedule. I find that sometimes, a whole blog post would be summed up better in videos than it would be in pictures. So I really want to integrate video content onto my blog whenever possible.
- Connect with other bloggers- I have made a few good friends through the blogging community, however I would LOVE to connect with more people on here. I want to reach out and do more collaborative work with bloggers who are more and less established than me. I think I could learn so much from talking to other bloggers.
Overall, my number 1 goal is to continue posting content that makes me happy. I love blogging because I am incredibly passionate about the work I put into each and every post and I love sharing my thoughts and feelings on a platform that allows me to put myself out there to an audience.
Thank you for an amazing year and I hope that you all choose to stick around in 2019, I think it is going to be a big one!