December 23rd 2018
A balanced diet is a Christmas cookie in each hand~
The holiday season is one of the best seasons for snacks! Everything from sweet to salty to savory can be enjoyed during the holidays and the more food, the merrier! Here are just a few of my favorite holiday snacks!
- Christmas Cookies- Who could say no to a good Christmas cookie?! They are a season staple, so much so that Santa eats them at every single house. Plus there are so many cookies to choose from. I personally love lace cookies the most, but a good snickerdoodle, or chocolate chip made from scratch is amazing too. Check out the recipe for Taylor Swift’s Chai Cookies in an earlier post!
- Trail Mix- There is something about mixing salty and sweet that is so irresistible! Last year, my friend Angie and I made a really tasty trail mix that had white chocolate, pretzels, chex, peanut m&ms, and regular m&ms in it. It tasted great and we were enjoying it for a month afterwards because we made so much and it is so easy to store.
- Peppermint Bark- Peppermint and chocolate are such a dream team! Peppermint bark is a great sweet snack to keep out on the table during the holidays. Plus it is super easy to make! [RECIPE]
- Puppy Chow- No, not the food for dogs. This is a really yummy and easy to make also! Most recipes will typically include cereal, melted chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, with some variations depending on preference. [RECIPE]
- Hot Cocoa- Not a snack, I know, but it fits. I love a good cup of cocoa during the holidays and last year, I made a post on 2 different ways I prepare hot cocoa!
What is your favorite holiday treat?