September 12th 2018
Change with the seasons~
Fall is a time for change both literal and figurative. Fall is a time where the leaves change color, fall off the tree, and make room for new growth, and I also feel the same goes for life at this time in the year. Fall is a time for getting rid of what is not serving you to make room for things that will serve you better.
That is why I find that fall time is a great time to get active! You are literally cutting out bad habits to make room for better ones! But with the unpredictable weather of fall, how does one stay active?
- Take a hike- Hiking is a great way to experience nature during the fall (which I view as one of the best times to enjoy nature)! Take a walk through a local preserve or even just stroll around the block. Getting your heartrate up is what’s important.
- Develop an at-home workout routine- When the weather is rough, I work out at home! I use workout videos or run on the treadmill to avoid the nasty weather while still keeping active.
- Join a gym or class- I do yoga (which I have mentioned previously in blog posts) and I find that classes are a super great way to stay active all year long! At yoga, my routine remains the same rain or shine!
- Go to a rec center- Places like the YMCA are great for fall time because a lot of them offer amenities like pools, basketball courts, rec rooms, and full gyms! You don’t have to spend a lot to stay active in the fall.
- Ride a bike- A bike ride is a great option no matter where you live! Many cities are offering bike sharing and bike renting systems that makes it accessible for anyone to get active wherever, whenever.
How do you stay active during the fall?