March 27th 2018
Clear space, clear life~
Spring is approaching which means it is time for spring cleaning yet again. With busy schedules keeping us tied up, it can be hard at times to balance the need for a tidy space with the other obligations of life. Here are just a few ways that you can incorporate a fresh spring clean into your busy life!:
- Put cleaning in your schedule- Don’t just “clean when you find the time”, set aside the time! If you see that your space is starting to become less than tidy, set aside time to get it sorted out. Make a calendar note or set a reminder to get yourself up and cleaning with no excuses or conflicts!
- Get rid of clutter- If something doesn’t have a designated space, then odds are you don’t need it. If you have a bunch of junk lying around just to take up space and it has no sentimental value to you, get rid of it. I chucked so many things that I thought would mean something to me in the future and I am SOOO glad I did because now I have space for actual important things.
- Split up clothes based on season- In some places, the cold cold months may be over. The best space saver is putting away winter attire like heavy sweaters and jackets to make your closet less bulky and make weather appropriate clothes easier to find!
- TIMER CLEAN- I have talked about this more than once in posts before I believe, but timer cleaning is such a life hack. Set a timer and clean your space. I recommend this more for tidying that I do for deep cleaning or going through things. Set a timer for 30 minutes to get stuff put away, fold laundry, vacuum and dust, etc. Setting a timer helps you feel a little bit of pressure to race the clock and as a result the clean process goes faster and takes less time out of your busy day.
- Don’t just throw things places- This is a horrible habit of mine. If I have someone coming over then all of the clothes on my floor go straight into my hamper even if they are clean. Random things get thrown in random drawers and in the bottom of my closet. This is a big DON’T in keeping your space clean. Take the time to make sure “there is a place for everything and everything is in its place”
A clean space will help give you the energy and motivation to kick your spring into high gear! Get ready for the warm weather ahead and keep your space clean and ready to go for whatever life throws at you!