December 29th 2018
Going into a new year with new lessons learned~
Each year brings with it, new challenges, new experiences, new blessings, and new opportunities to share what you’ve learned with the world. This year has been a transformative year to say the least and I have quite a bit to share in terms of what I learned.
I usually do a birthday post about lessons I’ve learned, but I thought it’d only be fair to give you 5 key takeaways from 2018 to end the year right!
- You have choices in life- This is such a dumb realization but it took me until this year to fully grasp it. Your life and what you do with it is up to you! You made a blog because you chose to and you can stop it just the same! That same principle applies to most things in life. You can cut off unhealthy friendships, stop books you don’t like in the middle, quit jobs you hate, move away, move back, get new hobbies, start a relationship or break up, all by your own choice!
- You won’t fit in everywhere- And you don’t have to! I have realized that not fitting in is great because it is the Universe’s way of telling you that you haven’t found your perfect place yet, keep looking!
- Physical and mental health are connected- I spent a lot of time focusing on my physical health this year and I honestly think it contributed greatly to my mental health. When I was looking and feeling better physically, I found that I felt less anxious and more at ease.
- Some things truly won’t matter a year from now- Last year, around Thanksgiving, something happened that made me so upset that I wasn’t sure how I would get passed it. However, it is one year later and I can honestly say that I have taken the memories the situation had gifted me with and also the lessons and I’ve moved on in life.
- Say “yes” more- I was given a lot of unique opportunities this year and all they required were for me to say yes. My friend, Angie, said I could join her on her Florida trip and by saying yes, I had an amazing week with her, soaking up sun and having Halloween fun! My favorite rapper, Hoodie Allen, texted me the day of his sold out NYC show offering me comp tickets. I said yes and I had one of the best nights ever. Say yes to more and I promise you, you have nothing to be afraid of!
What is one thing you learned this year?