December 15th 2018
Don’t let a little snow kill the fun!
Whether or not you are from a snowy climate, you have probably experienced winter days that make you want to stay in all day and not leave the house. However, bumming at home all day can be pretty boring if you don’t have a solid game plan! Here are just a few things you can do to keep busy during a snow day!
- Color- I find that coloring is really cathartic and comforting. It is a really nice form of self-care and is really great for easing anxiety and stress. Turning on some relaxing music and drawing or coloring is a great way to spend a chilly winter day!
- Watch holiday movies- There are tons of winter themed movies to enjoy that’ll keep you entertained on a cozy day in! Pop some popcorn, grab some cocoa, and snuggle up! Check out my list of Christmas favorites for a little inspiration!
- Build a fort- I don’t think you’re ever too old to enjoy a good blanket fort! Gather up some blankets, pillows, cushions, and chairs and build a cozy fort to watch movies in or just to keep warm!
- Make a gingerbread house- This is one of my favorite holiday activities that I rarely find time for! A snow day is a great time to sit down and focus on building the best cookie mansion ever!
- Read- A cup of cocoa, a fuzzy blanket, and a good book…what else do you need? I think winter is a great time to read personal growth books to prepare for the new year, but if you want to immerse yourself in a book, I think fantasy really brings out the holiday magic.
- Wrap gifts- This is another thing I have trouble finding time to squeeze in. A snow day is a great time to wrap and decorate the gifts of your friends and loved ones! You can even go all out with twine and ribbon and special tags!
- Bake- Nothing beats a cozy day in with a warm baked good. Baking holiday cookies or brownies on a day when you’re stuck inside keeps you busy and gives you a nice snack!