April 18th 2018
Spring has sprung!…even if the weather begs to differ…
So springtime is upon us yet again, however, the weather doesn’t seem to have gotten the memo. Here in New York, it is still quite cold and dreary and it is feeling a bit difficult to get into the spring mood. With that being said, even if the weather won’t cooperate, I am still trying to find simple ways to get into the spring spirit! Here are 5 small tips to help you get in the mood for spring, even if the weather isn’t working for you!
- Swap out your decor- I still have a Christmas wreath in my room, which is totally not helping with bringing the spring vibes indoors. My first piece of advice is to try to take the colors and patterns of spring and incorporate them into your space. Pastels and light shades are what really define spring in my mind, so wherever I can include a small pop of spring color I try my best!
- Get some plants- I think plants are great at any time of the year, but they definitely put me in a spring and summer mood whenever I have them around. Right now, I have a succulent in my room and I am growing a Sunflower and some Daisies in my kitchen! It is a great little project to start growing plants now so that by the time it is warm and sunny out, they will be big and strong enough to be moved out into a bigger pot to soak of the sun! Plants also bring added life to a space and bring a taste of the outdoors inside!
- Create a spring playlist- If you are nostalgic like me, then music brings you back to different times in your life. By creating a playlist that makes you nostalgic for spring, you are more likely going to put yourself in a spring mood! I plan on doing a little review of my favorite spring time songs next month!
- Get outside when you can- If you are lucky enough to find a break in the snow and rain, get outside! It may not be in the 50’s and 60’s yet, but embrace the fresh air whenever you get a chance. Quit living like it’s winter and get outside and enjoy nature in all of it’s glory!
- Make some spring plans- I’ve put myself in the spring mood by making plans for when it gets warmer. Even though I am a bit bummed that I can’t enjoy these plans now, making future plans has encouraged me to get more prepared and excited for spring.
I hope these little tips helped inspire you to get more excited about springs late arrival. Let’s cross our fingers and hope that the warm weather is soon to follow!