With October less than two weeks away and my last blog post talking about my current blogging struggles, I figured now would be a great time to set some October intentions. These intentions will not just be for my blog, but for my life in general because I find that setting some small, good intentions is a great way to invite growth into my life!
- Set aside days to go out and take photos for my blog- I want my photos to be more planned and less haphazard. On non-series posts, I plan to continue just putting whatever random images make me happy, but with series posts or other content where specific types of photos would benefit, I want more planned photos and quality content. I don’t want my blog posts to look like something I just tossed together when I spent so long writing and revising them.
- Stay off my phone when I first wake up- I want to start this in October because I have read so many articles saying it is so bad for your brain to stare at a screen first thing in the morning. I want to get into a healthy morning routine so maybe I will start with making my bed, stretching, or eating breakfast instead of diving straight into social media. Even if it is just 30 minutes.
- Start both books I need to read fully for yoga training- Yoga training is a lot of work. It is essentially like going back to school, complete with homework and lots and lots of books. However, of the books we have, two of them are to be read outside of training on our own time. I wanted to say my intention was to start and finish these books, but in all actuality, I just want to get started and make a decent dent.
- Use my planner more- I have a really nice planner that I love a ton, but I have such an issue keeping up with it. Planners are my kryptonite. I love cute planners and feeling organized (and I am going to post about planner organization really soon), but I fall off the planner bandwagon too often. Keeping tidy and organized between blog posts, yoga homework, work, and more is a bit of a hassle, but I can handle it if I stay on top of it.
- Take more time for self care- This is a monthly intention that I always try to set because it is super important to remember. I want to take more time for self care this October, not just in regards to my mental and emotional well being, but also my physical well being. When I get into funks, I often let my physical appearance get pushed aside. I want to take this month to get back into some healthy habits both in regards to fitness and grooming.
- Stay more organized at work- I LOVE my job at the performing arts center I work at, but working part time at a job that has enough responsibility to be a full time position on its own, makes it hard for me to stay organized. I have such a wide variety of tasks that just get flung to me via email every day (even days I am not in the office), it is hard for me to keep track of all I have to do. I want to start bringing in a notebook to write my tasks in. I also plan on trying to add a work day when possible so I can get more on top of everything.
I feel like this list is a solid place to start for October. I will probably develop new intentions throughout the month as I usually do, but it is great to have a place in mind to start.
If you have any intentions for October that you care to share, comment them below!