The best thing about December is the amount if quiet time we have to think about what we can grow when given a new chapter~
A new year is approaching and I feel like lately I’ve been far more wrapped up in my hopes for 2022 than my usual excitement for the holidays. So, instead of forcing myself to aside by holiday content standard, I decided I’m gonna focus on what makes me happy right now and what makes me happy right now is thinking about how I’m going to make 2022 an exciting year for me.
I am not entirely sure why 2022 fills me with hope. Maybe it is the fast that I’m forcing hope on myself after 2 hopeless years. Or maybe my intuition knows something I don’t. Either way, entering a year with hope instead of dread is something to be proud of and I’m proud of myself for letting myself indulge in hope a little.
But, if my dad has taught me anything, he taught me that if you want good things to happen to you, you have to be good for them. This was in reference particularly to my mental health at the time but really applies to all facets of life. If you want to invite in positivity, you have to become the positivity.
So, in order to do so, I am going to have to make some changes. I have made some great strides in 2021 but, in order for 2022 to be something I truly want, I need to put in the work.
So here are 5 changes I hope to make in 2022:
- Give myself a more structured routine- I don’t think that every aspect of my life needs to be planned out, however, I do think I do really well with structure. I think the most productive time of my life was when I had the most structure so if I could even just arrange my life to include a more concrete morning, I think it’d be a huge step for me.
- Take more time to write either for my blog or personally- I have been an avid writer since I was 13 and find that life feels brighter when I empty my thoughts out onto a page, whether it be digital or print. Writing about mental health in particular has been a huge saving grace for me and I hope to continue to write about mental health in the hopes of even helping 1 person.
- Carve out time for physical activity- The happiest time of my life was a time where I had a good balance of spiritual and physical activity. I would wake up feeling energized, felt good in my own skin, and felt confident in how I dressed. Now, years later, I feel like I’ve fallen into a rut and want to get back into a good groove with things.
- I want to get back into fashion – I used to receive frequent praise for my sense of style but, thanks to a toxic relationship, followed by a pandemic, followed by a little bit of weight gain, I slowly started drifting away from style into exclusively comfort. I want to get back into clothes and styling outfits because it really helps with my confidence.
- I want to create and consume more content – I love writing, taking pictures, making videos, and other creative outlets. However, in recent years, I have fallen of doing those things regularly along with consume content through reading and watching things. I want to get back into a better routine of allowing myself time to consume content and create.
What changes are you hoping to make in 2022?
One thought on “5 Changes For 2022 – Blogmas Day 8”
[…] next year outweighs my lessons of 2021 and I am super excited to share. You can also take a look at 5 changes I want to make in my life in 2022 in my previous post to get an idea of how I plan to execute this specific […]