January 24th 2021
Less talking, more doing~
Hello there! If you have been following me a while, nice to see you again and thank you for your patience with me. If you’re a new follower who somehow stumbled upon my rambling during my mental breakdown where I didn’t post for months on end and now you’re suddenly seeing my content pop up on your feed for the first time, hi! Nice to meet you, I’m Jess.
I figured since it has been a while since I have posted some real content that wasn’t just introspective babble, that I would talk a little bit about the trajectory of this blog and where I see it going from this point forward! I used to be huge into series and I would love to get back into that again, so I thought this might be a good way to share my ideas and maybe give a description to each series I hope to get back into on here. This is also a test of my memory as to how well I remember my own old content.
- Wellness Wednesdays/Self-Care Sundays – I am grouping these together because they are sort of 2 sides of the same coin. Ideally, I would love to use Wellness Wednesday to focus on physical health and Self-Care Sundays to focus on mental health, but knowing myself the lines will be blurred on both of those soon enough, but I think posting wellness/personal growth content on specific days of the week will help me stay on top of developing a semi-regular posting schedule!
- Wish You Were Here – This is my undisputed favorite series on my blog because it is always so fun. For those of you who are new (or you just completely forgot what I do here), Wish You Were Here is my travel series where I write about my little travel adventures in a chronological what-I-ate, what-I-wore, what-I-did format that takes you on the trip with me!
- Let’s Explore Together – Formerly known as “Exploring Home” when I lived in NY, Let’s Explore Together is a new series I wanted to start then never actually got off the ground since moving to NC. Since NC is my new home, I figured this series would be a great way to share new things I am trying as well as some things I have already found that I have enjoyed!
- Positivitea Talks – This is another series that that I got super excited about before falling out of it! I had this idea to talk about common and uncommon mental health and self-esteem related struggles in a very “chat over a cup of tea” sort of way where I just spoke about my experience, offered some advice, and left the floor open for anyone who wanted to come in for support as well. I would love to connect with some people and maybe even have some guest writers on this as well!
- What’s in the Cards? – Some of you may or may not know, but I have been practicing reading tarot cards for a few years now and have really been loving the process of learning through reading others. I created this series as a means to “challenge myself” to read more and interpret things for a general audience. So you can tune into those for some fun semi-channeled messages.
- Fashion Friday – This is more of a reach goal, but I would love to get back into fashion content again. I lost my spark for clothes and I really want to get back into fashion in some way even if it is just OOTD’s and look book styled content!
- Yoga Diaries – One of my big goals of 2021 is to reignite my love for yoga because yoga is something I used to be way more passionate about than I am today. However, I know the spark isn’t gone, it just needs a bit of kindling so I want to document my journey “of the self, through the self, to the self.”
- Bookshelf Review – This was my first ever series, I think, and it is not about reviewing bookshelves! This book review series was my attempt to hold myself accountable for reading instead of just accumulating books that I don’t read. So, since one of my goals this year is to read more, challenging myself to get a book review up once a month or once every other month may be the way to go!
So I think that is all of them! I am not sure how frequently you will be seeing each of these series (except maybe Bookshelf Review once every month or every other), but I definitely think the series route will help me hold myself accountable. I also have some mini-series I would love to circle back on like my beginner blogger series where I wrote about my organizational tips and everything to manage my blog, but one small step at a time!
Is there anything you’d like to see me write more about that I didn’t mention? Very excited to get started again!