October 7th 2019
Nothing picks you up from a bad time like having your hard work recognized!
Hello, long time no see! Today I am back with a post format that I haven’t done in a while (because I haven’t been tagged in a while). I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by T.P.S.G. aka thepleasantsimpleguy! Their blog is really cool and seems to be a great blend of stories and support. They value helping others and uniting through common experience and building a community. I really admire the work they are doing and you should totally check them out! Thank you so much for nominating me, T.P.S.G.!
Here are the rules of this lovely award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you [CHECK :)]
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award [If you’re reading this, consider yourself nominated by me! I don’t know 11 bloggers to nominate!]
- Write 11 new questions for the nominated bloggers
- List the rules and display them on your post
- Notify the nominees about the nomination by commenting on one of their posts
Here are my answers to T.P.S.G.’s questions!:
- How do you define yourself?
I guess I would define myself as someone who is always trying to improve. I am definitely nowhere near the perfect person (especially recently) and all I want out of life is to continue to improve whenever possible.
- What is your goal in life?
My main goal in life is just to be happy. I want to be able to wake up one day and feel like all of the struggling I’ve done was for something. I don’t want to feel like I don’t deserve good things anymore.
- What absolutely excites you?
A lot of things. I think that thinking of the future is one thing that really excites me because it is such a blank slate and so much could happen that I didn’t even know was possible.
- What do you think is the driving force in your life?
Hope. Hope is something that I find myself constantly looking for and fearing, but it is also something that I want to find one day and see the value in. It is a driving force because it is something that I want to learn to accept one day.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you recently?
Life has been a bit hard lately, but seeing my best friend for the weekend after not seeing her for months was definitely the best thing to happen to me recently.
- If you had the opportunity to meet one person you haven’t met, who would it be, why, and what would you talk about?
They didn’t say if this person needed to be a living person or not, but I would say Steve Irwin. I would love to talk to him about his passion for wildlife conservation.
- When and where were you happiest in your life?
I was probably happiest when I was living in NY, close to my friends, and when I had more time to really experience life. However, I still find moments of happiness now and hope that my happiest memories are yet to come.
- If you were given three things to make you happy, what would these be?
Probably enough money not to stress anymore, the answers to a few nagging questions in the back of my mind, and concrete reassurance that the things I want will remain mine. However, I know life wouldn’t be worth living if I had those things handed to me.
- Do you think people fall in love because the right person has arrived, or because the time is right (regardless of whom the person is that they fall in love with)?
I was going to say both, but I realized I don’t fully agree with that. I think it is mostly about the right person. Because I think if the person is right, even the wrong time is still the right time. I am going through a lot right now, but I still think that I am capable of loving fully.
- What book influenced you the most?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Every time I pick it up, I find what I need from it.
- What do you think is humankind’s greatest invention?
Bagels…does that count?
Here are my questions for whoever chooses to answer!:
- What would you name this chapter of your life?
- Who do you go to when you need to vent?
- What is one thing that is scaring you right now?
- Where would you live if money wasn’t an issue?
- How does your life compare to a year ago?
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- What is a talent you wish you had?
- What is one book you think everyone should read?
- What is something that you wish you had said to someone (no context needed)?
- What is your favorite tradition?
- What job would you have if experience and education didn’t matter?