August 14th 2019
Because if my boyfriend has to suffer through it, so do all of you~
It is 9:40PM and I just remembered I had to write a blog post today. I am on a video call with my boyfriend and he has been watching me panic about my lack of creative thoughts for a minute or two now, so I decided that today I would talk about my creative process.
Usually, I like to think about my blog post ideas for an upcoming month way before a month starts, but August sort of crept up on me and I am nowhere near prepared for whatever this month will bring. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t plan to put out quality content each week, so I am working through the lack of preparation and trying to figure out a solid plan of attack.
There are a few things I want to get done this month in the hopes of inviting some new creative ideas into my life and I decided to share them here to come back to whenever I am at a loss for what to do and need a little inspiration:
- Travel whenever possible- I really want to start planning some more weekend trips this month in the hopes that traveling will help give me some new ideas for content. Since I have explored very little of the south, I am hoping to take some time to learn about new places and what they have to offer and share them here.
- Explore more of Charlotte- I really want to take full advantage of what Charlotte has to offer and want to take in as much of it as I can (and write about it along the way). I think my exploration series is something I really want to focus my energy on this month.
- Enjoy the last bit of summer out in nature- Since starting a new job, I haven’t spent nearly as much time outside and it has definitely taken a toll on my mood. I think that spending some time outside in nature will do wonders for my creative energy.
- Read more- Whenever I get into writing slumps, I like to read. Reading helps me center back in on what I value and helps me find inspiration for styles of posts and topics I want to elaborate more on. I have a book that I have been trying to find time to finish for months now and would love to take more time to get through it this month.
- Write more personal stuff- I really think a large part of regaining my creativity will come from writing personal pieces just for me. I haven’t written for just myself in a while and I think that getting my thoughts out will free up a lot of space for creative thoughts to flow through.
I have full confidence that this creative slump will only last a short while while I get adjusted to a new job and other life changes, but I really want to make August the month where I really get my creative juices flowing to come back super strong in the fall.
If there are any topic suggestions you’d like me to talk about, feel free to comment below and if you would like to collaborate, reach out via my contact page!