February 22nd 2019
Another trip around the sun is almost complete, so it is time to make some wishes for the next one.
Okay, I want to start this post out by saying that the title is a bit of a fib. I am the kind of person who believes that, if you tell people your actual birthday wishes, they won’t come true. But that doesn’t mean that you won’t be getting anything out of this post! I really want to talk about my hopes and intentions for the last year that I can say I am in my “early 20’s”.
As most people in their early 20’s, I can confidently say that I am not confident about very many things in life. That isn’t to say that I don’t have a lot of unique talents and skills, but it is to say that I definitely don’t have all my shit together, BUT, I am working on it…which is why it is healthy to set some strong intentions for the year ahead so that I can make my way to having my shit (slightly more) together!
So, here are my little birthday intentions for my 25th year of life:
- Have a stronger understanding of my personal finances (i.e. learning how to budget effectively)- I want to be able to actually understand how my budget works. Like I always say I am budgeting but I never really understand how effect that budgeting is or how much I really need.
- Start wearing jewelry more- I think jewelry is really cute and I also think that I am really lazy. The combination of the two results in me buying jewelry and rarely wearing it. I think that I want to start with necklaces and earrings and work up to rings and bracelets.
- Start going to things alone- I am moving out of the state in May. This is the first move I have ever experienced and it makes me incredibly nervous and overwhelmed when I realize that I am going to need to make new friends somehow and that people aren’t just gonna show up on my doorstep with plans. To make friends, I am going to need to start going to things alone and meeting people where they are.
- Find an apartment- I want to be living on my own by the time I turn 25. I have chosen to stay home and work on saving for a while now and I feel like the time has come to start preparing to leave the nest and create a home for myself. Where I am moving has a much better cost of living so I am excited to get out there.
- Keep my car clean- Weird goal/intention, but it is definitely necessary. A person’s car says a lot about them and my car currently says “overwhelmed 20-something who has a lot of receipts.”
- Become more well-traveled/educated about travel- I love to travel, but I also realize that I am not very well-educated in traveling. I am good at planning trips that are relatively short and close by, but large scale travel has never really been on my radar. I want to learn more about planning bigger trips so I can work to save up for them in upcoming years.
- Cut down on screen time- I feel like my addiction to my phone increased in my 20’s. I like to be connected to the world 24/7 and I really need to cut down on screen time and start living in the moment.
- Take more pictures- I feel like I am living some of my best memories and I don’t have nearly as many pictures as I would like to remember them by. I want to be present in the moment but also take the time to capture really cool memories, especially because they make for good blog content to look back on!
- Work towards my crow and forearm stand yoga postures- I love inversions and crow has been a reach goal of mine for a really long while so I think that forearm stand and crow are going to be my focus this year. They both require arm strength so I wanna bulk my noodle arms ASAP.
- Read more- Not necessarily more books, but any form of literature really. I want to take the time to just absorb more content and become more educated whenever possible. This year, I would really love to read more about conservation, wildlife, and plants.
Overall, I want my 25th year of life to be filled with more growth. I want to be able to look back at this trip around the sun and confidently say that I have learned a lot along the way.
Here’s to 24!
4 thoughts on “My Birthday Wishes”
I loved reading this 🙂 Also – I recently mastered “crow”! I’m still in the novelty-hasn’t-worn-off-yet phase (I do it every gym workout without fail, lol).
LikeLiked by 2 people
Ugh so jealous! I’m getting better at inversions but arm balances kill me, I just can’t get them right lol!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great read and some brilliant goals – if you need any tips for planning longer travel trips, I might be able to help! Loved the line about your receipts in the car – genius writing!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you so much!