June 17th 2018
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Gratitude is something that I have always possessed but often failed to recognized. In recent conversations with my friend Ish, I learned I have a rather strained relationship with gratitude and the expression of it. I am going through a lot lately on a more personal level and, as a result, I am finding it hard to find things to be grateful for.
You see, when you are struggling, it is often hard to look beyond the gray to see that life is still beautiful on the other end. That is why, today, I am going to write a list of things I am grateful for, no matter how trivial and dumb they seem (in no specific order).
- My family
- My friends
- All animals
- The color yellow
- The fact that I can see colors
- The fact that I’m alive
- My job (despite it not being exactly what I need right now)
- Fruit, but most of all, cherries
- My 30 minute commute
- Essential Oils
- Books that teach me things
- Books that take me on journeys
- The fact that I have a home
- My phone
- Social media (it is a fun hobby AND the basis for my career)
- My followers, for allowing me to share parts of myself online openly
- Myself, because there is only one
What are some things you’re grateful for? I am trying to take some time each day to reaffirm my gratitude and see how that helps me grow.