January 2nd 2018
We are on page 1 of 365 on a new little book I’d like to call “2018”
Happy New Year! I know it has been one whole day since I finished up Blogmas, but I am already back with some new and exciting (at least I find it exciting) stuff planned for the month of January!
I think January is such an important time to put your best foot forward when walking into a new year. It is a time to realize who we are, set intentions to become who we would like to be, and take active steps to reaching personal goals and milestones. That being said, I wanted to start a little something for myself that could also benefit anyone out there trying to enjoy a fresh start this new year.
I decided to create a 30 day affirmation challenge filled with different intentions and activities in order to help myself and you create a road map to your ideal 2018 experience.
Below is the calendar of days for you to refer back to and print if you decide to do the challenge. Below that is the different discussion questions and activities for each day in order to help you body the particular intention behind each affirmation! You can do these activities on your own in a journal or private document or you could blog them! I plan on coming back to them week to week so I can give you my answers to the questions I’ve posed, as well as my experience doing whatever activities I challenged myself to complete for the day!
January 2- I am new
- Write a list of qualities you would like to embody in the new year.
- What steps do you plan to take to embody the qualities you wish to see in yourself?
- What about these qualities are desirable to you?
January 3- I am open
- Discuss a time where you had to be open-minded and how that experience benefited your life.
- What is something new you want to open yourself up to this year?
- Do you consider yourself to be an open person? If not, why do you feel you have trouble with openness?
January 4- I am worthy
- What do you consider your most valuable qualities?
- Treat yourself to a pamper evening with only yourself in mind.
- When was the last time you put yourself first? How did it feel?
January 5- I am grateful
- List the things and people in your life for which you are most grateful.
- What does gratitude mean to you?
- How do you express gratitude?
January 6- I am strong
- What would you define strength to be?
- When was the last time you feel you exhibited true strength?
- What are some ways that you could become stronger as a person this year?
January 7- I am dedicated
- What do you consider yourself dedicated to?
- What are some ways you practice dedication in your day to day life?
- How would being more dedicated help you in reaching your goals for 2018?
January 8- I am passionate
- What is/are your passion(s)?
- Spend at least an hour this week doing something you are passionate about. Write how it made you feel.
- What passions do you hope to explore more this year?
January 9- I am beautiful
- What are your favorite physical qualities about yourself?
- What parts of you make you feel most insecure? How can you find beauty in these characteristics?
- Stand in front of the mirror and repeat this affirmation to yourself for the rest of the week. How do you feel?
January 10- I am loving
- How would you define love?
- Reach out to someone you love and let them know you appreciate their presence in your life.
- How can you invite more love into your life this year?
January 11- I am secure
- What does it mean to be secure?
- Do you have a sense of security in your life?
- Meditate on the affirmation “I am secure” and set the intention to put more faith in the universe having your back.
January 12- I am healthy
- How do you feel about your physical health? How about your mental health?
- Take time this week to do at least one thing that benefits your physical body.
- Take time this week to focus on mental health. Check in with how you are feeling and write down anything that arises.
January 13- I am positive
- Do you view the glass as half full or half empty?
- How do you plan on bringing more positivity into your life in the upcoming year?
- What benefits does positivity offer in helping you reach your goals?
January 14- I am wise
- What is the best piece of advice you have about life?
- Pick something you want to get more educated on this year. Start working on educating yourself and write about what you’ve learned.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
January 15- I am honest
- Do you think it is right to tell the truth, even if it may hurt someone’s feelings? Why or why not?
- Do you feel you often lie to yourself or that you are honest with yourself about your personal identity and choices?
- Choose honesty this week. Be as transparent as possible with everyone you talk to even when it is difficult. How did it go?
January 16- I am daring
- Plan to do something outside of your comfort zone this year. Try an activity you’ve been too nervous to try. Travel somewhere new. Talk to someone you wouldn’t normally talk to.
- What was one time you were particularly daring? How did it make you feel?
- What does being daring mean to you?
January 17- I am courageous
- When was the last time you needed to rely on courage to get you through a situation?
- Try standing or sitting in a power pose today for a couple of minutes. How did you feel afterwards? Do you feel more courageous?
- Do you often find that you or someone you know confuses bravery with stupidity? What is the difference?
January 18- I am wealthy
- What does it mean to be rich?
- What do you have a wealth of in your life?
- In terms of financial wealth, what are some ways you feel you could better manage your spending?
January 19- I am powerful
- Try some power yoga today. Embrace the affirmation “I am powerful” with every move you make, even if you don’t feel confident in your yoga abilities at all. How did it feel?
- In what situations do you feel the most powerful?
- Where does power come from?
January 20- I am creative
- In what ways do you express your creative side?
- Try a new creative outlet today and document the experience.
- What kind of things leave you feeling the most creatively inspired?
January 21- I am loved
- What actions and gestures make you feel the most loved?
- How often do you practice self love and self care? How can you incorporate self love into more of your daily life?
- Do you think more self love would help you reach your 2018 goals?
January 22- I am fearless
- What is your biggest fear? Have you ever had to confront and overcome it?
- Meditate on the intention of obtaining fearlessness. Understand that fearlessness isn’t absence of fear, but instead, not letting fear own you.
- What is something you would do if there was no fear?
January 23- I am calm
- Where is your happy place? Where do you feel most calm and relaxed?
- Take some time for calmness today. Read a book. Color a picture. Burn a candle or diffuse essential oils. Find your center.
- In what area of your life do you feel you are lacking calm?
January 24/25- I am Trusting (wrote it twice by accident but making it work)
- Do you feel you trust the universe? Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
- How do you show your trust to the people in your life?
- Who do you trust the most? What about this person makes them the most trustworthy?
- Do you feel you are trustworthy? How can you work on being more trustworthy?
- If someone you cared about was in trouble but asked you not to tell anyone, is it better to break their trust and seek help or remain quiet for the sake of their trust?
- Put your trust into the universe. Spend the next two days allowing the universe to guide you without hesitation.
January 26- I am limitless
- What do you do when you feel you’ve hit a dead end in your life?
- What does it mean to be limitless?
- What would you want to accomplish if there were no limits?
January 27- I am ready
- Write a list of places you want to go, things you want to do, and accomplishments you want to achieve in the upcoming year. How equipped do you feel to handle everything?
- What are some ways you can prepare yourself more for the future, even in small ways?
- Where do you hope to see yourself a year from now?
January 28- I am confident
- What situations make you feel the most confident?
- How does the way you act change when you are feeling confident from when you are feeling insecure?
- How do you draw the line between confidence and cockiness?
January 29- I am inspired
- Who or what do you find inspiring? Why do you find them/it inspiring?
- What do you enjoy doing when you are inspired?
- If you were inspired more often, what kind of projects or tasks would you take on?
January 30- I am enough
- When was the last time you felt you were enough?
- Write a list of things that make you special. Does your list make you feel proud to be who you are?
- Write this affirmation down and keep it where you can see it. Reflect on it every time you question your worth.
January 31- I am happy
- Why do you think happiness is the final affirmation of the month?
- Do you feel that sticking to these affirmations helped you feel happier and more prepared for 2018?
- Write down 3 or more things this month that made you feel happy to be alive.
So this is the challenge, if you choose to accept it! Feel free to pick and choose what you need and if you choose to blog about any part of this, feel free to tag me in the post and ping back to this post so other’s can find it! Even if I am the only one to do this, I hope my answers and experiences help give you a little bit of inspiration when approaching the new year!