January 16th 2019
Oh the places you’ll go…
One thing I love about starting a new year is goal planning…specifically my travel goals. There is something so special about picking out a list of places I hope to see and seeing how many I can make it to in a given year. I think the most fun part about it is that plans often change and I end up going to places I didn’t expect to go.
However, despite ever-changing plans and financial situations, I think daydreaming about travel is one of the little pleasures in life that shouldn’t be taken for granted. Also, this summer I will most likely be moving away from New York and I think that travel will play a huge part in me seeing my friends from NY even after I leave. Here is my 2019 list of travel goals to help you (and me) get excited for what is to come in my travel series this year!
- Florida (for the millionth time)- I went to Florida twice last year in a span of 3 months, however, this doesn’t lessen my desire to go back nor does it hold a candle to the amount of time I have spent in Florida throughout my life. This year, I am hoping to make it down during the holiday season if possible and meet up with a couple of friends. However, no matter what, I want to make sure I plan a little trip down for a few days whether it is to go to Disney or just visit my grandpa.
- New Orleans- This has been on my bucket list for ages and I would love to go ASAP. I don’t know why, but I find something to be so charming and attractive about New Orleans. Plus, it is a place I’ve never explored which means it is a new scratch for my map!
- Gettysburg- Not sure when or if I will get to this one, but I have been talking about it since last year. I love experiencing a little bit of history on my trips and any time I can learn a little from my travels, I jump at the opportunity. Plus it’d make for a nice weekend away.
- Howe Cavern- I had to include this one because this is a trip I have been trying to do since last spring. My best friend, Katie, and I have said we would love to explore the cavern for a weekend trip and I think it would be a great thing to do right as the weather starts to get a little warmer. Plus, I need to get this done before I leave NY.
- Nashville- Another one that carries over from last year. I have wanted to spend a weekend in Nashville for a while now because I’ve never been! I think that it’ll be easier to make the trip after I move since I will be a smidge closer!
- Baltimore- I haven’t been to Baltimore since 2013 on a school trip. I love walking around the Harbor and going shopping. It is a really cute and fun place to go exploring (in the right areas) plus they have a huge aquariums which I would love to check out!
- Toronto- Yet another trip that I would love to get in pre-move. My friend Devan lives in Buffalo and I would love to catch up by wandering the city together and going crystal shopping. Definitely part of my spring to-do list!
- A National Park- Super vague, I know, but I have been DYING to start checking off some national parks from my bucket list. I have never been to a national park before and I would love to get a move on exploring as much as I can. Maybe I can head over to Great Smoky Mountains (*hint hint about my move*).
Where would you like to go this year? Leave a comment and fill me with a little inspiration! And if you’re from any of the places I mentioned, what should I put on my itinerary that you find to be a real gem?!