December 24th 2018
With Christmas tomorrow, I figured now would be a good time to look back on my month so far and see how much of my bucket list has been completed!
Bucket lists are my favorite thing about new seasons. I really love going into a new chapter of life with a set of goals that I wish to accomplish and then holding myself accountable for those goals.
This year, I tried to make some of my goals a little less basic and dove deeper to find things I genuinely wanted to accomplish beyond just ice-skating or watching movies (however, those things still made the list because what is a winter bucket list without them?). So here is how I made out this year on my goals!
Find 1 new winter event or activity to attend- I saw a Christmas Carol this year!
Learn to bake something from scratch- This year was the second year that Angie and I made chai cookies and I think I am really getting the hang of them. When I move next year, I hope to be able to still make them and impress a whole new group of friends with my holiday baking!
- Get my holiday shopping done EARLY- I did it! I even got most of my shopping done before December even started (I pre-write my posts so I didn’t know that I would be pretty much done before Blogmas at the time I set the goal). It feels so good to be able to relax this year and not be frantic until the last second.
- Read some of my self-help/personal growth books before the start of the new year- I have purchased 3 new personal growth books that I have started reading a little. The books are A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, Originals by Adam Grant, and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson. I hope to give some good book reviews early next year!
- Put away my fall decorations and bust out my holiday stuff- Yet again, I did this before Blogmas but after I wrote out this list so I am happy to say I killed it and didn’t procrastinate at all!
- Set good 2019 intentions- I set some really good intentions and goals for 2019 in Blogmas Day 11 and Blogmas Day 22! Check those out!
Do my typical winter favorite activities- I actually managed to squeeze a lot of Christmas fun into this year! I got to go Ice Skating and spend time with friends and get a lot of fun activities done!
- Catch up with some friends- This was one of the most important things on my list, so much so that I started in November to get started. I find it hard to catch up with people as an adult because everyone is busy with different things and we don’t have school anymore to help us see each other more. However, I still got to spend some quality time with good friends this season!
What was on your winter bucket list this year? and did you get done everything you wanted to do?
Merry Christmas Eve and see ya tomorrow!