December 4th 2018
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, it’s the best time of the year~
Winter time is one of those unique times of the year where I almost feel like I am living in a parallel universe. The whole world has a different vibe and even those who do not celebrate the holidays, still seem to be filled with a little extra cheer. Holidays aside, winter is not exactly my favorite season because it is so cold and keeps me indoor a lot, but I do have a few favorites that make the season all the more tolerable!
Similar to houndstooth in the fall, tweed is starting to be a prominent winter staple this year! The thick texture and the warmth of the fabric, mixed with the class and sophistication makes it perfect for winter professional and preppy looks! These 2 tweed pieces are from Forever 21.
- Teddy Coats-
I have been seeing these coats EVERYWHERE this year and honestly, I want to snag one too! These coats are like a teddy bear’s fur and they are soft and cozy and offer warmth and a slouchy look all at once! These and many more teddy pieces are from Urban Outfitters.
- Over the Knee Boots-
Over the Knee Boots are one of my personal winter staples. On a really cold day, they keep me as warm as pants do, but allow me to still wear cute dresses. I really feel like over the knee boots really elongate the leg and really give an extra bit of texture and interest to an outfit! These boots are from Charlotte Russe.
Hot Chocolate- Apple cider is my fall go to, but as soon as Thanksgiving passes, I am all hot chocolate all the time! I preferably like my hot chocolate with a pump of peppermint to get me feeling extra jolly!
- Candy Canes- I really love candy canes during the winter months. Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors of things so every chance I get to get myself a candy cane or something candy cane flavored, I’m all over it!
- Gingerbread- I know it sounds cliche but I really love gingerbread during the winter. Any spiced dessert is extra cozy during the winter months!
- Latkes- It is Hanukkah season and since I’m half Jewish, I am LIVING for Latkes! Warm and crispy potato pancakes really rock my world this time of year!
- Pillsbury Holiday Cookies- Pillsbury really kills it with their holiday shaped cookies. I am so ready to bake up a batch ASAP while watching some Christmas movies!
- Ariana Grande (Christmas and Chill)
- Mariah Carey
- Betty Who
- Jon Bellion
- All of the Holiday music radio stations (DUH)
- Chapstick and Moisturizer- A necessity! My lips would die without chapstick and my skin is dry since the beginning of fall so I need to remain moisturized during the cold months!
- Touch screen gloves- I love touch screen gloves because I can use my phone while staying toasty outside!
- Boot socks/Leg Warmers- Boot socks are an absolute must. When I wear dresses, I need an extra layer to keep my shins and ankles warm. Ankle cut socks just won’t do the job!
What is on your winter favorites list!?