January 12th 2018
Better late than never~
Last month, I was nominated for the Liebster Awards by Ellie Williams but I haven’t been able to get around to making my post about it until now! However, I am incredibly honored that she found my blog worth considering. She runs an awesome blog about her life with dyspraxia and another blog about sustainable fashion which you should both check out! Thank you very much Ellie and happy blogging! 🙂
So I really dig the idea of the Liebster Awards as a way of giving smaller blogs attention and some chances at networking. Although my blog has grown quite well over the past year, I am always open to some networking and exposure to help me get my writing to more people and I am more than open to helping other people gain exposure along the way!
Also, shout out to Ellie for giving clear instructions which are as follows:
- Write a small post about your favorite blog (which, like Ellie, I will be putting at the end of this post)
- Write 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 10 questions the nominator gave me
- Nominate 5-10 people
- Write 10 questions for your nominees
10 Facts about me:
- I broke both of my arms in one year when I was around 4 years old. One was from jumping off the couch wrong and the other was from tripping over a tree root playing tag.
- I love concerts. I have been to around 40 concerts over the past 4 years, I believe.
- Traveling is how I like to keep life interesting. Although I don’t go on large scale trips very often, I like to travel even if it’s just a few hours away whenever possible. I have a series on my blog called Wish You Were Here where I document my travels!
- I love to read. I grew up resenting reading because I felt forced to do it, but as I grew older and found more books that I liked, I have become infatuated with bookstores and bookshelves filled with books. I also have a series on my blog where I review books which I really hope to get back into this year!
- I am a certified yoga instructor! Yoga has been my passion for a few years now and I am so glad that I can take this passion and share it with other people.
- I have my MBA. I don’t talk about it much in my blog posts because I don’t feel it is that interesting but it is something to be proud of. My concentration was in marketing and my personal focus is digital marketing and social media!
- I want to write a book! Writing a book was not even on my radar a few years ago, but blogging has really inspired me to put my writing out there for people to see and learn from. I used to be too afraid to share my writing with people.
- I love to sing. I have wanted to post a cover online for a while now but I am afraid it will be aggressively bad and I don’t want to make a fool of myself all over the internet.
- I collect crystals. I have been collecting crystals for a little over a year I believe. I made a whole post about what crystals I have in my collection, but I need to update soon because I’ve gotten a few new ones!
- I can’t decide my 10th fact so I am going to lump together 2 which are 1) I love animals with my whole heart and 2) I really enjoy fashion. 1) Animals have been a huge part of my life growing up because I pretty much exclusively watched Animal Planet and was determined to be a vet growing up. Now I could never deal with seeing an animal in pain so I could never do it. 2) Fashion was something I got into midway through high school as a way of upping my self confidence because I was bullied a bit and looking good made me feel good.
- What are you most proud of?
Getting my yoga teaching certification is something I am most proud of because it was something I paid for out of pocket and worked really hard on by myself, for myself.
- Glass half empty or glass half full?
I like to see the glass as half full, but in moments of weakness I tend to see it half empty or completely refuse to acknowledge that there even is a glass.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
I really like my ambition and that I am not just one thing, I am a lot of things.
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my nanny because she just kicks ass. She is in her early 70s but still takes dance classes and works out every day even after multiple surgeries that would have forced even the strongest person to slow down.
- In an ideal world, what job would you be doing?
In my ideal world, I would be doing this, blogging. I would love to be able to blog and teach yoga full time and be able to sustain a financially stable and fun life. The cubicle life just isn’t my jive.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to document my thoughts in a way that was more public than a word document. It has evolved into more than that now that I have gained a little traction, but it still is very much a space for my thoughts.
- What is your favourite food?
My favorite food is probably mac and cheese. I also really love eggplant parm which is super yummy.
- What is your favourite memory?
My favorite memory had to be being front row for a Fall Out Boy/Paramore concert a couple of years ago because having a good life is the best revenge and that’s all the details I’m gonna give;)
- Will you be making any New Years Resolutions? If so, whats the main one?
I’m not a huge resolution person, I’m more of a “what do I hope to get out of the year” kind of person. I don’t like making quantifiable goals. Instead, my main resolution is try to blog 4 days a week while balancing work and life.
- Marmite: Love it or hate it?
Never tried it!
- Where did you grow up and how did that place shape you?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How do you handle discouraging situations?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your profession? Or, if you’re not working, what are you hoping to pursue?
- If you were to have a book of your life, what would this current chapter be called?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie version of your life?
- Where is one place you most want to travel?
- What is your favorite sound?
- Where do you go to think?
My Favorite Blog:
Okay, so this is a little bit biased but Devan Kistner is one of my favorite blogs because she is one of my closest friends so I always take the time out to read her posts. She is trying to blog more this year so you should check her out. She is really into fashion and lifestyle content but tries to sprinkle in some personal, introspective content here and there.
She is also a really great photographer. I am hoping to see her post more this year and to see her grow as a writer and find her personal voice. One of the reasons she is my favorite is because I have gotten to watch her content evolve since she first started and I am looking forward to the future of her blog!
Once again, thank you Ellie Williams for my nomination and I am looking forward to seeing all of the nominees answers soon!