September 10th 2017
Your view will never change if you keep staring out the same old window~
So, I am trying something new with this blog. For the longest time, I was content with how things were going, but I realized I had so much more potential and so much more to say. When I started this blog, it was like a diary with advice pieces and personal pieces here and there, but I feel like it has been sort of limiting. So I decided it was time for a change.
For anyone who reads my posts and enjoys my usual advice and personal growth driven content, that isn’t going anywhere and will still be a huge part of my blog, but I am ready for a change. I have a lot of passions. I love yoga, crystals, fashion, decorating, planning, organizing, traveling, music, and so much more and I thought long and hard as to how I could bring that kind of stuff into my blog without committing to just one thing. Then I had the idea of having running series. I have also decided to switch to posting 3 days a week, Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday at 12:30PM EST. 1 day will be part of a series and 1 day will be more in the same style of the personal stuff I have been writing all along. The third day will be sort of a flex day where I look at what ideas I have and pick whatever I feel fits best there.
I have a few series in mind (some of which have already started) and I just want to take some time to share what I have going on. I believe in being completely transparent with my readers, no matter how many or how few I have.
- Wish You Were Here- I got the idea for this series from watching too many travel diary videos. I wanted a series of my own to write about my travels and all the cute little unique things that come along with my adventures. I thought about calling them travel diaries, but I wanted something more unique to me, so I chose Wish You Were Here because it’s like little postcards of my trip!
- Bookshelf Reviews– I love reading and I love writing, so boom Bookshelf Reviews were born. I love talking about the books I read, but it is hard to find people who have read the same books I have or want to talk about them. So I use this series to give myself a chance to let all of my feelings out about the books I read.
- Exploring Home- So far only one of these is posted and in the first post I explain what they are all about, but essentially it is exactly what it sounds like. I am exploring the place I call home. I have built up a lot of resentment towards my home because of person things that happened to me growing up, but I decided to take my home back and remind myself why it deserves a special place in my heart.
- Let’s Get Organized- I have had a pretty rocky relationship with organization, so I wanted to start this series to encourage myself and others to get organized. I feel like this series will probably just be around for back to school and spring cleaning seasons, but if I think of more ideas then you might see it popping up more.
- Fashion Friday- So Fashion Friday is a bit different from the previously mentioned series, because it is not a series in itself. It is sort of an umbrella for a bunch of series to sit under. One is 1 Item 3 Ways where I take 1 piece from my closet and try to style it for 3 different occasions. I am trying to breathe new life into tired items in my wardrobe. Another series will be Lookbooks and OOTD’s and Hauls. I sort of lumped those all together because they are all sort of the same thing more or less. I will also be tossing a lot of random fashion videos in there, they just won’t be directly labeled Fashion Friday in the title. And if you couldn’t tell Fashion Friday posts will go up on Fridays…not every Friday…but many Fridays.
- Yoga Diaries- Right now, Yoga Diaries will just be following me on my journey to completing my yoga teacher training this Fall. However, I hope to expand that further once I graduate because Yoga and Wellness are passions of mine and I would love to write more about them for people.
- Seasonal Series- Lastly, seasonal series. These are series that aren’t going to run for more than a month in most cases. These are usually centered around holidays and occasions that I could put out a lot of content on.
I know it seems like a lot, but honestly, it is fun. I think that creating these series are a great way to test myself as a writer and see where my talents lie. Also, many of these encourage me to take more pictures which I have been really into lately, so it is all exciting stuff. The final benefit I can see now from all these series is the abundance of things I can write. That is a large reason I moved to 3 posting days instead of my usual 2. Soon I may reconfigure stuff and shoot for 3-4 a week but that will be all in good time!
So, I hope that this new change brings growth for both my blog and myself~