September 10th 2017
Your view will never change if you keep staring out the same old window~
So, I am trying something new with this blog. For the longest time, I was content with how things were going, but I realized I had so much more potential and so much more to say. When I started this blog, it was like a diary with advice pieces and personal pieces here and there, but I feel like it has been sort of limiting. So I decided it was time for a change.
For anyone who reads my posts and enjoys my usual advice and personal growth driven content, that isn’t going anywhere and will still be a huge part of my blog, but I am ready for a change. I have a lot of passions. I love yoga, crystals, fashion, decorating, planning, organizing, traveling, music, and so much more and I thought long and hard as to how I could bring that kind of stuff into my blog without committing to just one thing. Then I had the idea of having running series. I have also decided to switch to posting 3 days a week, Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday at 12:30PM EST. 1 day will be part of a series and 1 day will be more in the same style of the personal stuff I have been writing all along. The third day will be sort of a flex day where I look at what ideas I have and pick whatever I feel fits best there.
I have a few series in mind (some of which have already started) and I just want to take some time to share what I have going on. I believe in being completely transparent with my readers, no matter how many or how few I have.
- Wish You Were Here- I got the idea for this series from watching too many travel diary videos. I wanted a series of my own to write about my travels and all the cute little unique things that come along with my adventures. I thought about calling them travel diaries, but I wanted something more unique to me, so I chose Wish You Were Here because it’s like little postcards of my trip!
- Bookshelf Reviews– I love reading and I love writing, so boom Bookshelf Reviews were born. I love talking about the books I read, but it is hard to find people who have read the same books I have or want to talk about them. So I use this series to give myself a chance to let all of my feelings out about the books I read.
- Exploring Home- So far only one of these is posted and in the first post I explain what they are all about, but essentially it is exactly what it sounds like. I am exploring the place I call home. I have built up a lot of resentment towards my home because of person things that happened to me growing up, but I decided to take my home back and remind myself why it deserves a special place in my heart.
- Let’s Get Organized- I have had a pretty rocky relationship with organization, so I wanted to start this series to encourage myself and others to get organized. I feel like this series will probably just be around for back to school and spring cleaning seasons, but if I think of more ideas then you might see it popping up more.
- Fashion Friday- So Fashion Friday is a bit different from the previously mentioned series, because it is not a series in itself. It is sort of an umbrella for a bunch of series to sit under. One is 1 Item 3 Ways where I take 1 piece from my closet and try to style it for 3 different occasions. I am trying to breathe new life into tired items in my wardrobe. Another series will be Lookbooks and OOTD’s and Hauls. I sort of lumped those all together because they are all sort of the same thing more or less. I will also be tossing a lot of random fashion videos in there, they just won’t be directly labeled Fashion Friday in the title. And if you couldn’t tell Fashion Friday posts will go up on Fridays…not every Friday…but many Fridays.
- Yoga Diaries- Right now, Yoga Diaries will just be following me on my journey to completing my yoga teacher training this Fall. However, I hope to expand that further once I graduate because Yoga and Wellness are passions of mine and I would love to write more about them for people.
- Seasonal Series- Lastly, seasonal series. These are series that aren’t going to run for more than a month in most cases. These are usually centered around holidays and occasions that I could put out a lot of content on.
I know it seems like a lot, but honestly, it is fun. I think that creating these series are a great way to test myself as a writer and see where my talents lie. Also, many of these encourage me to take more pictures which I have been really into lately, so it is all exciting stuff. The final benefit I can see now from all these series is the abundance of things I can write. That is a large reason I moved to 3 posting days instead of my usual 2. Soon I may reconfigure stuff and shoot for 3-4 a week but that will be all in good time!
So, I hope that this new change brings growth for both my blog and myself~
7 thoughts on “Trying Something New”
I love this blog so much happy you are trying something new. I feel like right now I write on personal experiences and kind of the level of where I am physically, mentally, and emotionally. But eventually I would love to talk about personal passions like traveling (atleast once out of the country) beauty and art projects that just help you feel better. I’m a pictureholic and videoholic arts/craftsaholic< (made up words) like I go through sd cards every month on my personal phone. I love capturing memorable moments. I feel like we're so so similar. Pretty cool to see people that share the same passions for things they love. Awesome post.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! And yes I agree, we seem very similar 🙂
And the best thing about having a personal blog is the growth aspect. I started out writing mostly personal pieces and more introspective pieces and branched out whenever I felt it was right to. Trying these new types of posts puts me out of my comfort zone because they require more work on the photo content end. I love taking pictures but I have never challenged myself to get pictures of certain specific things or to be in front of the camera that often. If I decide I hate these changes, then personal writing will still be there for me:)
Yes thats one thing I’m not so comfortable with like posting pictures of myself on my blog but hopefully I’ll get more comfortable as I grow with my blog. It will be a pretty exciting journey with you trying new things. I’ll be trying to do the same with little steps like actually even posting 1 picture of myself on my blog. I love posting family pictures on my personal social pages where its just friends and family but on a place like this its a bit more challenging for me but lets see.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for when you take that step forward but the most important thing about blogging is that you’re making progress that benefits you and makes you happy! 🙂
Yes very true for now my main focus is just helping others through personal experience and to get comfortable with both writing and putting my opinions out there. Thank you! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] if you are a frequent reader on my blog, you may have read my recent post called Trying Something New. In this post I discussed my new posting schedule, series I plan to start, and how I will be […]
[…] have been a lot of new people who have joined me on my blogging journey since I talked about my new blogging format last […]